Re: >24 hour restore

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: >24 hour restore
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:12:23AM -0600, Chad Thompson wrote:

> It started off quick, but it got to the first table w/ any real data in it
> (only about 30k records) and acted like it was frozen.  I left it running
> all night, it finished that table and started on others but it hasnt even
> gotten to the big tables (2 @ about 9 million records).  At this pace it
> will take several days to finish the restore.

This makes me think you have a trigger problem.  You don't say what
version you're running, but my guess is that you need to disable all
your triggers, and remove all your indices, before you start loading
the data.  Re-enable them afterwards.

By building the schema first, then loading the data, you're spending
cycles running triggers &c.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110