Re: The database system is in recovery mode

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: The database system is in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 06:26:50PM -0700, Mike Castle wrote:

> If so, could you point to docs that verify that?

Just the experience of people who have used ext2 and have had
failures after a crash.  I don't pretend to understand the issues in
the filesystems, but there are reports of unrecoverable ext2 errors
after a crash.  What I have ready about ext2 is that it is not
entirely crash safe, even with fsync.  But I don't know enough about
filesystems to say for sure.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql goes down need to restart (redhat postgresql service script) lock files removal avoid 2 postmasters