Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3

От Shankar K
Тема Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Дата
Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
hi jeff,

go to
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/hw_performance/
under 'filesystems' slide.

snip

File system choice is particularly difficult on Linux
because there are so many file system choices, and
none of them are optimal: ext2 is not entirely
crash-safe, ext3, XFS, and JFS are journal-based, and
Reiser is optimized for small files and does
journalling. The journalling file systems can be
significantly slower than ext2 but when crash recovery
is required, ext2 isn't an option. If ext2 must be
used, mount it with sync enabled. Some people
recommend XFS or an ext3 filesystem mounted with
data=writeback.

/snip