Re: Installed OpenSSL but still cannot install PostgreSQL

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема Re: Installed OpenSSL but still cannot install PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Tamir Halperin wrote:

TH> After following your instructions regarding the deinstallation of the
TH> openssl package and then reinstalling it with make
TH> OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE=yes, I still get the same message when executing
TH> make in the /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7 directory that tells me I need
TH> to first install openssl.
TH>
TH> Here's the output of ldconfig -r | grep crypt:
TH>
TH>     1:-lcrypt.2 => /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2
TH>     110:-lcrypto.2 => /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.2
TH>     111:-lcrypto.3 => /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.3
TH>     117:-lmcrypt.8 => /usr/local/lib/libmcrypt.so.8
TH>
TH> I'm sure there's a solution to using postgresql 7.3.2 with openssl. I just don't have it.

Well, thanks for re-checking with ldconfig we can see our
OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE did not help. Something is broken during the upgrade.
Can you check whether openssl libraries reside only in /usr/local/lib and not
in /usr/lib ?

BTW, you can look at /var/bd/pkg/<pkgname-version>/+CONTENTS to see where are
the files installed by port reside. also, `pkg_info -W /path/to/the/file' is
useful to debug.

About your problem: contemporary port building system checks for OpenSSL _only_
in base system directories, particularly /usr/lib/libcrypto.so

So, possibly, quick hack like 'ln -s /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so /usr/lib' may
help you.

Anyway, please consider upgrading to 4.8 which should be out of door this week.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***