Re: Installed OpenSSL but still cannot install PostgreSQL

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема Re: Installed OpenSSL but still cannot install PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Tamir Halperin wrote:

TH>     1:-lcrypt.2 => /usr/lib/libcrypt.so.2
TH>     110:-lcrypto.2 => /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.2
TH>     111:-lcrypto.3 => /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.3
TH>     117:-lmcrypt.8 => /usr/local/lib/libmcrypt.so.8

Aha. This seems to be a fault in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk around line 930

.if defined(USE_OPENSSL)
.if ${OSVERSION} >= 400014
.if !exists(/usr/lib/libcrypto.so)
.BEGIN:
        @${ECHO_CMD} "This port requires the OpenSSL library, which is part of"
        @${ECHO_CMD} "the FreeBSD crypto distribution but not installed on your"

You may try to play with symlinks, but I suppose more natural way is to upgrade
your system to at least 4.6 security branch and install OpenSSL from base
system.

Or, you can simply make postgresql port without SSL support:

cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql7
make WITHOUT_SSL=yes

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***