7.3.1 update gives PHP libpq.so.2 problem

От Jules Alberts
Тема 7.3.1 update gives PHP libpq.so.2 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hello everyone,

After upgrading to pg 7.3.1 on a RH 7.3 box with php 4.1.2 PHP won't
work anymore, it misses libpq.so.2.

This is a known issue, but the only solution I could google was
compiling a recent PHP from source or creating a softlink from
libpq.so.3 to libpq.so.2. I read that the link is a bad solution, but I
really don't like compiling and installing PHP from source.

I normally do all my packages with RPM and I'm afraid doing PHP from
source will mess this up. What will happen if I install PHP 4.3.0 from
source now, and later do an update on a more recent version with rpm?
Would I have to deinstall 4.3.0 first? How?

Thanks for any tips!

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: