Re: SSL Mode

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: SSL Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
PostgreSQL is designed to _not_ require root access, so we just make
everything owned by the install user.  I don't see how group checks can
help there.  Also, there is no postgres group, at least by default, and
no special handling based on group, though we do allow group permissions
on the /tmp socket file.

I see what you mean by having a separate user who can change the ssl
key, but it it really doesn't work in our current setup, and requires
special permissions be set up by the administrator.