Re: Need Help on Japanese language

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Need Help on Japanese language
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday 25 November 2002 10:48, Somasekhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a postgres database running on a english linux box.what settings
> need to be done , so that i can insert japanese characters into the
> database.

Insertion of Japanese text should work regardless of however
your installation is set up. Manipulating the data is what will
cause headaches; this link:
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?multibyte.html
should help you on the PostgreSQL side of things, but you
will also need to look deeply into the wonderous world of Japanese
character set handling in order to get the data cleanly from and
to your application.

Two links for further reading:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/japanese.html
http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/