Re: Cluster Database

От Chris Miles
Тема Re: Cluster Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:17:41AM -0500, Al-Karim Bhamani (LCL) wrote:
> Can Postgresql run in an clustered environment
> as Oracle runs as parallel server or RAC in 9i.

Depends what you mean by 'clustered'.  We run PostgreSQL in
a HA environment (which some might call a 'cluster') with
2 PostgreSQL servers running their own PostgreSQL instance,
but with the ability to automatically failover to their
partner using Heartbeat (from linux-ha.org).

The data lives on NFS servers and so is available to both
hosts.

Consider this a "poor man's HA cluster", altho it works
reasonably well, and all software elements are free.

Cheers,
CM

--
Chris Miles