Re: crash help, pgsql 7.2.1 on RH7.3

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: crash help, pgsql 7.2.1 on RH7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Saturday 23 November 2002 12:10, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Tim Lynch" <admin@thirdage.com> writes:
> > but, uh, what am i going to do with a core file? i would need a
> > non-stripped postgres binary first, right?

> Yup, you would.  I'd recommend building from source so that you can add
> both --enable-debug and --enable-cassert to the configure flags.  (It
> may actually be possible to do that with the SRPM distro, but I don't
> know how...)

Install the source RPM (.src.rpm), then edit
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/postgresql.spec, changing the line near the top that
says:
%define beta 0
%define beta 1

Save and exit, then 'rpmbuild -ba postgresql.spec', then install the rpms to
be found in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/arch (i386 probably).

beta=1 defines both --enable-debug and --enable-cassert and allows the full
debugging, AFAIK.  If it doesn't, then we need to look a little closer at
it...
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio