Re: crash help, pgsql 7.2.1 on RH7.3

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: crash help, pgsql 7.2.1 on RH7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thursday 21 November 2002 20:05, Tim Lynch wrote:
> increase their ulimits - call me old fasioned... what's next, regular user
> negative renice?!? anyways...

Actually.... yes.

> but, uh, what am i going to do with a core file? i would need a
> non-stripped postgres binary first, right?

If you have the RPM, you have no debugging symbols.  You can rebuild it with
debugging -- the PGDG RPMset's can have debugging symbols enabled with a
simple macro define close to the top of the spec file.

> i checked out the cwd in /proc, it is /var/lib/pgsql (actally i symlinked
> it into another fs) which is postgres:postgres mode 700.

That's the standard place for PGDATA in Red Hat.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio