Re: gmake check runs just 13 tests instead of 77

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: gmake check runs just 13 tests instead of 77
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Mr OCP" <mr_ocp@hotmail.com> writes:
> > I am testing the beta 5 version of 7.3, by using make check under solaris 7
> > and 8 and it runs just 13 tests as against 77 tests as indicated in the
> > README.regression,
>
> Hmm, maybe a portability problem in the pg_regress script ... but I
> thought we'd already checked 7.3 on Solaris.  Andrew, can you reproduce
> this problem?

It does report:

    All 13 tests passed.

I wonder if Solaris folks are thinking that is a success.  I see you
found that my awk 'BEGIN ...' was the problem.  I didn't realize awk
would do that.  On BSD/OS using gawk, it is OK:

    $ echo "1\n2" | while read FILE; do echo $FILE;awk 'BEGIN {print "a"}';
    done
    1
    2

Anyway, pg_regress.sh should just be fixed.  I added this code so I
didn't have to do gymnatics on echoing a backslash:

    echo "SET autocommit TO 'on';"; awk 'BEGIN {printf "\\set ECHO all\n"}'; cat "$inputdir/sql/$name.sql") |

I didn't use this method in any of my other autocommit fixes.  I did it
this way only so I could turn autocommit on without having it show up in
the regression output.

Сообщение: Re: gmake check runs just 13 tests instead of 77
Сообщение: Re: gmake check runs just 13 tests instead of 77