Re: Upgrade to new version

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Upgrade to new version
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I don't have any good news for you.  Yes, you can set up a server on a
different port and perform a dump and reload while both systems are up,
but as you say, you are going to miss inserts during the dump because
pg_dump takes a snapshot when it starts.

My only suggestion is to keep the old database SELECT-only during the
dump, or somehow gather the changes that happen after the dump and
manually move them to the new database.