unable to reconnect to database server

От Merlita Maricuelo
Тема unable to reconnect to database server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Help! I lost the connection between the web form and
postgresql database. Before it worked ok but when I
changed the desktop and then reboot. I can't
reconnect. Then I entered $initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data hoping to fix the problem. It
didn't. I'm not sure what to do?

BTW, I am using Postresql in Linux RH 7.3. Somebody
else setup the connection, I'm just trying to maintain
it.

Here's the error I received: (I'm not sure what it
means...)
"Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
could not connect to server: No such file or directory
connections on Unix domain socket
"/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"? in
/var/www/html/php_session_files/postgresql_sessions.inc
on line 4
Can't connect to the database"

Please help...

hank you very much,