Re: pg_dumpall and pg_restore issues

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_dumpall and pg_restore issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes, pg_dumpall doesn't recognize the -F flags.  It only dumps as text
format.

The manual page says:

    Any other command line parameters are passed to the underlying
    <xref linkend="app-pgdump">
    calls.  This is useful to control some aspects of the output
    format, but some options such as <option>-f</option>,
    <option>-t</option>, and <replaceable
    class="parameter">dbname</replaceable> should be avoided.

We should throw an error if -f or -F is passed to pg_dumpall.  I will
add some code to try and catch that for 7.3.