Re: VACUUM FULL

От Brian McCane
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Okay, now I am a little scared.  Before I started rebuilding indexes, I
decided to do the VACUUM FULL thing on all of my tables.  On my two most
referenced tables I am getting:

ERROR:  No one parent tuple was found

What does this mean?  Can I fix it without a full dump/restore?  Where did
it come from?  All these questions and many more are begging for an
answer.  One of the tables has 38 foreign key references to its primary
key, the other has 12.  Only a couple of the other tables even have a
reference.  This may not have anything to do with the problem, it is just
an observation.

Anyway, any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated.  I have
already had the site half way down for almost 3 days because of the VACUUM
FULL on the big table, so I would prefer not to spend a couple of days
doing a dump/restore.  Could I dump the tables, disable their triggers,
truncate them, restore the data, and re-enable the triggers?

- brian

Wm. Brian McCane                    | Life is full of doors that won't open
Search http://recall.maxbaud.net/   | when you knock, equally spaced amid those
Usenet http://freenews.maxbaud.net/ | that open when you don't want them to.
Auction http://www.sellit-here.com/ | - Roger Zelazny "Blood of Amber"