Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT

От Brian McCane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Okay, I can't wait until morning for an answer, so I made one up ;-).  I
already have a function on this particular table which does processing
'BEFORE INSERT'.  As a temporary hack (or maybe permanent depending on
anyones response), I have added code to see if 'updated' IS NULL and
setting it to the return value of 'since_epoch()' if it is.  I suspect
that since I am already calling this function, it might actually be faster
than adding the 'set default' to the table anyway, especially since the
function 'iscacheable' and is being used in a transaction block.

-brian