postmaster problem

От Tyson Oswald
Тема postmaster problem
Дата
Re: postmaster problem  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
I just recently upgraded my Linux kernel to
2.4.8-34mdk, and now I cannot connect to postgresql
through psql or pgaccess.  I receive the following
error apon the service starting up.
pg_ctl: Another postmaster may be running.  Trying to
start postmaster anyway.

This happend apon bootup and also when I restart the
service.  Unix domain sockets is installed in the
kernel and entries are in the /etc/services for
tcp/5432 and udp/5432.

I get this error when I run
psql -d template1
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such
file or directory
 Is the postmaster running locally
 and accepting connections on Unix socket
'/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?

What celse an cause these errors?

thanks,
Tyson Oswald