Re: OID's as Primary Keys

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: OID's as Primary Keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The use of the OID as a primary key does not
facilitate the use of relational data models;
primarily because it doesn't mean anything.  For
example, if I have a table of people who are defined
as unique by the ssan (Social Security Number) field,
I would still need to create a unique index on the
ssan field.  Furthermore, I would think that working
with OIDs as foreign keys would be difficult at best.

Best regards,

Andrew Gould

--- Richard Teviotdale <richard@satcomresources.com>