Re: Sourceforge moving from PostgreSQL to Oracle

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: Sourceforge moving from PostgreSQL to Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mar 06 Nov 2001 18:08, Joshua Drake wrote:
> yodermk@home.com (Micah Yoder) wrote in message
>
> > > I seriously doubt that they are moving to Oracle. If nothing else,
> > >
> > > they won't want to pay for it. However, they probably are trying to
> >
> > Oh, they can afford it.  The annual report that came in my mailbox today
> > says
> >
> > they had apprximately $83 million in cash and marketable securities at
> > the
> >
> > close of Fiscal 2001 (July I think).
>
> But what was their burn rate? How much are they LOOSING every month?

Sorry to say you guys may by wrong. I heard that SourceForge was loosing to
much $$$ that they might not get to the end of the year.
The KDE team is conserned, as they use SourceForge for all the internet
development.

I really dought they they will move to Oracle, unless Oracle puts money in
some way to overcome the loses.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?