Re: Probably simple answer

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: Probably simple answer
Дата
Re: Probably simple answer
Список pgsql-general
I think he simply wants the rows of the result set
numbered from 1 to whatever the last row is.  This is
useful for referencing rows when discussing reports.
It is also an immense help when calculating a record's
statistical percentile ranking.

Doing it in a table is no problem.  But how do you
create one dynamically in a select query?

I too would like to know if and how this could be
done.

Any ideas?

Andrew Gould

majordomo@postgresql.org)