Re: Best way to store/search phone numbers?

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: Best way to store/search phone numbers?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Consistently formatted data is easier to work with, so
I suggest storing the phone numbers without any
non-numeric characters.  This would require writing
some application code to extract the numeric
characters, either within the database using a
trigger, or within the client application.

Arguments about whether to store data as a single
string/number or whether to break it up could go
either way.  Probably you would want to at least have
a separate field for extension numbers, and if
international numbers are likely to be stored, for
country codes as well.