Re: PostgreSQL dirver?

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: PostgreSQL dirver?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You bring up an excellent point.  I should have been
more clear.  I *do* use Debian unstable for my
PostgreSQL server.  And I personally have found the
"unstable" monniker to be a bit of a misnomer.  Debian
Unstable has been very kind to me.

Of course, I have a development server that I test all
new updates on first, but even that machine has been
very stable.

The original poster seemed to be relatively new to
Debian (he didn't know how to check where PostgreSQL
was installed), and so I was trying to be helpful.
Debian Stable is useful for a great many things, but
it's version of PostgreSQL is too old.  PostgreSQL has
come a long way since 6.5.3, and anyone just starting
to use PostgreSQL shouldn't be starting with what
Debian Stable provides.  In PostgreSQL's case the
version supplied in the "stable" distribution is a lot
less stable than the one provided in testing or
unstable.

Just a word to the wise for anyone wanting to use
Oliver Elphick's fabulous Debian packages.

Thanks Oliver!

Jason