Re: Link to bug webpage

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > > Not necessarily.  If someone discovers one that's not in the database
> > > they'll add it.  If it's already fixed it'll get closed out but will
> > > still be in the database.  It's not intended to be a todo/isdone list
> > > or a development history reference.  We have a TODO list and CVS for
> > > that stuff.
> >
> > How do you communicate that to people looking at the content?  Do you
> > put in big letters at the top, "This list is not complete."  The fact an
> > items is missing from the list (new bug) is just as important as an item
> > appearing on the list.
>
> Huh?  A list of bugs is only as complete as those submitting to it ... its
> no more, or less, complete then a mailing list *shrug*

Not really.  The bug database only gets submissions from the web form,
as far as I know.  It doesn't get direct postings to the bugs list, and
even then, lots of bugs aren't reported on the bugs list.  If we open it
up to all lists, it becomes identical to our mailing list archives.

The comment above was saying showing some bugs is better than nothing,
meaning do you show the list even if you know it isn't being maintained
or updated.  I think that is worse than not showing it at all.

Now, if it was updated with all bugs as they come in, and updated as
completed, that would be nice, but it is a lot of work and I am not sure
if it is worth doing.

Pennsylvania19026