Re: cannot connect using terminal nor pgaccess

От Jaume Teixi
Тема Re: cannot connect using terminal nor pgaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
on day of Mon, 21 May 2001 17:00:19 +0200 (CEST), the message from Peter
Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> says:

> Jaume Teixi writes:
>
> > $ psql -d template1 -U postgres
> > psql: Peer authentication failed for user 'postgres'
>
> There is no "peer" authentication type in any official PostgreSQL
release.

he, I hope this is the unix socket method that Olly is developing on the
current debian unstable release 7.1.1-3
isn't?

but why the tcp/ip also doesn't works ?

teixi@thinkpad:~$ grep -v ^# /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf | grep -i host

host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.0       ident sameuser
host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0             reject

suid postgres works

teixi@thinkpad:~$ su - postgres -- psql template1

but without suid doesnt'

teixi@thinkpad:~$ psql -d template1 -U postgres -h localhost -p 5432
psql: IDENT authentication failed for user 'postgres'

any points ?

thanks

--
Jaume Teixi
    CTO

Сообщение: Re: cannot connect using terminal nor pgaccess
Сообщение: Re: cannot connect using terminal nor pgaccess