Re: Upgrade from 7.2 -> 7.2.1

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: Upgrade from 7.2 -> 7.2.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 7 May 2002 at 11:32, Pam Wampler wrote:

> What are the correct steps to upgrade from postgresql 7.2 to 7.2.1?
> Does postmaster have to be shut down first?

I would.

> Does the data have to be dumped & reloaded?

No.

> Does the old 7.2 directory tree have to be moved out of the way before
> doing the make install? if I am using the ports for installation?

No.  Ports?  You're using FreeBSD?  If so, I'd shutdown postmaster first
(/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh stop) then use "portupgrade postgresql7"
if you have portupgrade installed.  If you don't have portupgrade
installed, I'd recommend installing it.  It makes port maintenance even
easier.

FYI:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/portupgrade.php
http://www.freebsddiary.org/postgresql-7.2.php
(nothing about 7.2-7.2.1 here but just in case)
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples