Re: Restricting user access to databases

От Tim Frank
Тема Re: Restricting user access to databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jared,

    It doesn't jump out at you but if you read the pg_hba.conf help REALLY
closely you will find that you can do this:

host sameuser 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 password

Where "sameuser" under the DBNAME allows connection to a database of the
same name of the user trying to connect.  This isn't "quite" what you are
asking for, but if you make sure that users' databases are named the same
as their user account it will work.  It really doesn't work for my
situation since our databases aren't specific to "users". You might be
able to work with that though.

Tim Frank

On 24/04/01, 9:35:09 AM, jsulem@sulem.freeserve.co.uk (Jared Sulem) wrote
regarding Re: Restricting user access to databases: