SMP support? Yes or no

От Mario Jorge Nunes Filipe
Тема SMP support? Yes or no
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

I have an online application using postgres 6.5.3 (latest from stable
debian) and php3.

I'm not using many features (basically just tables and indexes).

The application (where teachers can grade their students) has already
been tested withou major hassle (at the time on a postgres 6.3.2 db).
The application was ported to a new machine where (besides the postgres
version) the only major difference is the fact that the new server has
two processors. Is postgres smp aware or not? Is it compiled by default
on debian (this one is for Oliver Elphick, the debian postgres package
maintainer).

The problem is like this: I have a table or i check if there is a record
with determined number of conditions, if there is i continue to use that
record has a pointer to other table so that I can perform my stuff. This
worked previously, but now i'm getting several record under the very
same conditions (they should be unique, but no i can't have a primary
key on them).

One thing that i've tried in the mean while (but for wich i don't have
any feedback yet) is turning fsync on.

Hope you can shed some light on this.

Thanks

--