Re: Merging PyGreSQL development into PostgreSQL

От darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Тема Re: Merging PyGreSQL development into PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Thus spake Peter Eisentraut
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain writes:
> > As some of you may have already noticed, after discussions with Thomas
> > Lockhart I have officially moved the development of PyGreSQL directly
> > into the PostgreSQL tree.  I think that this will be beneficial to both
> > the PostgreSQL project and PyGreSQL.
>
> Btw., someone has converted the PyGreSQL README to DocBook and I'm
> currently in the process of integrating it into the Programmer's Guide.
> This could be even more benefit to PyGreSQL.  ;-)  Would you be willing
> to/what are your thoughts on maintaining the PyGreSQL documentation this
> way for the future?  This would seem like the ideal time to make this
> move.

In fact that was what prompted the discussion between Thomas and I.  He
has an sgml file which I have to look over.  Perhaps it is the same
document you are looking at.  Perhaps we need to get something into
the tree so that we can all work on the same document.

> I think PyGreSQL should keep its own version number, if only for
> informational purposes.  There may be PostgreSQL releases where PyGreSQL
> changes are relatively minor, in which case you only bumb the minor
> version number.  Several other interfaces are using a similar approach.

Seems reasonable.  Unless someone comes up with a good reason to switch
then, I will keep on the way I am.