От Jaume Teixi
Тема ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I cannot use any kind of odbc because my customers have his local m$
access db's locally then export them on .txt with tab or | separated, then
put on my server trought ftp.

and is working ok except that the customers are on spanish databases then
a data like:
--DATE-----NAME---------LANG------
  1/6/2000|Ferran Adrià|Castellano|

when sended trought ftp on my server is converted to:
--DATE-----NAME------------LANG------
  1/6/2000|Ferran Adri\xe0|Castellano|

so when imported on Postgresql with:
COPY products FROM '/var/lib/postgres/iii2.txt' USING DELIMITERS '|' \g
  1/6/2000|Ferran Adri\xe0|Castellano|NULL

on the same cell, ignoring the '|' completelly

on 'postmaster.init' I have: LANG=es_ES but doesnt' works...
using tabulators as a separators also causes same problem...

any pointers to solve this will be really apreciated

the other problem is that if a m$ access database has a return carraige on
a text cell the import also fails.

bests from barcelona,
teixi.