Re: regular expression substittion function?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: regular expression substittion function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I thought someone suggested that, but I can't remember what happened to
> > it.  We have a Perl internal language that works in 7.1beta.  You
> > basically want a sed-type ability.  I can see real value in that.
>
> A "Perl internal language" in 7.1? Can you tell me what that means? Is it
> like Oracle's feature allowing one to write SPs in Java? I can tell you
> right now that the ability to write SPs in Perl would *totally* rock, from
> my point of view.

Yes, SP's in Perl, Tcl, or PL/SQL-type languages.  Perl only works well in
7.1beta.

What do people think of this TODO item:

    * Add sed-like regular expression search/replace capability

Seems it would be nice for quick and dirty stuff rather than having to
define a function.

Сообщение: Re: regular expression substittion function?
Сообщение: Re: regular expression substittion function?