Re: Temporary files directory

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Temporary files directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
  >What I'd recommend in the short term is that you use a filesystem
  >implementation that allows a logical filesystem to span multiple
  >physical disks.  My preferred OS, HPUX, can do this easily; I believe
  >the same thing can be done with some Linux filesystems but don't know
  >the details.  (Any help out there?)

Linux kernel 2.4 supports Logical Volumes. As in HP/UX, this enables a
logical partition to be assembled from multiple partitions on multiple
disks.

I haven't tried it yet, though.

     "Look not every man on his own interests, but every man
      also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you,
      which was also in Christ Jesus"
                                Philippians 2:4,5