Re: [NOVICE] RE: iofflush psql 7.0.3 coredump on RH 6.1

От Rasputin
Тема Re: [NOVICE] RE: iofflush psql 7.0.3 coredump on RH 6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:26:07AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rasputin <rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:
> > In this case, disabling readline starts up the client OK.
>
> > I'll try upgrading readline on this system ,and see what happens.
>
> I was just going to suggest that.  Did you compile Postgres from source,
> or is this an assemblage of RPMs?

Oh, nooo. I learnt *that* lesson long ago....
This was a build from source, latest stable 7.0.3 (?)

> If you find that a newer libreadline fixes it, we'd like to know what
> the old and new libreadline versions are ...

It did.

The offender was readline-4.0.1
(to be fair I don't think it's the default on 6.1 - STR upgrading it to
fix *another* bug while installing gnome-1.2)

Installing 4.1 fixed it.

--
Rasputin
Jack of All Trades :: Master of Nuns