Re: Postgresql on Solais 7

От Dronamraju Rajesh
Тема Re: Postgresql on Solais 7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
    go through the documentation on the postgresql.org
site. you will get a good amount of info there. anyhow
i have postgres working well on solaris 7.
   you will have to compile postgres source code and
install it on your sparc. you will need gcc compiler,
make, gdb or gdbm, gzip,bash which you can get in
pkgadd format from sunfreeware.com. download these and
install first.
   then get postgres source from postgresql.oeg and
follow the instructions in the INSTALL script. you
will also require to change your shared memory
parameters in /etc/system after installing postgres.
   in the mean time now you will be busy with these
first. then after finishing this you can jump on to
kernel parameters , ODBC etc....

all the best...

Regards
Rajesh,
tech solutions,
Intercept Consulting - INDIA

NOTE:- hope for the best and prepare for the worst

--- Fausto Guzzetti <Fausto.Guzzetti@irpi.pg.cnr.it>