why does postmaster get down ???

От Dronamraju Rajesh
Тема why does postmaster get down ???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi there,

     I have mod-perl apache sending continous web
requests to postmaster. My system is a linux box with
dual CPU with 1GB RAM.

     I have started the postmaster with the following
command line:-

postmaster -i -N 256 -B 512
>>/usr/local/pgsql/server.log 2>&1 &

I have also tried with higher and low number of
postmasters and variating buffers also. But no use.

I am vacuuming my database every 4 hours else it is
serving the requests very slowly and getting down at
some point and my mod-perl apache shows the following
errors:-

DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db selectrow_array failed: pqReadData() --
backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request.
DBD::Pg::db selectrow_array failed: pqReadData() --
backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request.
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: rollback failed
DBD::Pg::db selectrow_array failed: pqReadData() --
backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request.
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: rollback failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: rollback failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db rollback failed: begin failed
DBD::Pg::db selectrow_array failed: pqReadData() --
backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
DBI->connect failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed
the channel unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request. at
/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/ad3.adcept.net/cgi-bin/adceptdelivery.cgi
line 785
DBI->connect failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed
the channel unexpectedly.
        This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request.
 at
/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/ad3.adcept.net/cgi-bin/adceptdelivery.cgi
line 785
DBI->connect failed: connectDB() -- connect() failed:
Connection refused
Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting
connections on Unix socket '5432'?at
/usr/local/etc/httpd/sites/ad3.adcept.net/cgi-bin/adceptdelivery.cgi
line 785

how can i improve the performance of postmaster ? and
is there no other go otherthan to vacuum every 4
hours.

pl help me

Regards
Rajesh