Vacuum and index

От Jean-Marc Pigeon
Тема Vacuum and index
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bonjour,

    data-base, I am able to do select such as:

    select * from userreg where userid='cynthiaU';

    Where 'userid' is defined as:
    userid VARCHAR(30) UNIQUE,
    in the table.

    Everything work fine, as soon I run vacuum
    on this data-base some of the records "disappear",
    (say 10%) such the previous select is not responding, while

    select * from userreg where userid~*'cynthiaU';

    is still responding.
    Obviously there is an index problem, If drop and
    create the index related to the table, everything
    comeback fine....

    Questions:
    1) Why index become mis-aligned after a data-base
       vacuum?
    2) Is there a way to keep table and index aligned under
       vacuum?

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon              Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon@safe.ca
SAFE Inc.                Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946
       REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing package for ISP
           REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">

Сообщение: Re: Implementing mod_perl, Perl 5.004, and Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Implementing mod_perl, Perl 5.004, and Postgres