Re: vacuum

От Jean-Marc Pigeon
Тема Re: vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bonjour Rainer Mager

> Good ideas except I think I wasn't clear. The system is a commercial product
> with numerous individual customers. Each customer is somewhat unique and we
> want to have the system capable of vacuuming automatically for all users.
>
> The thing is that some users might have systems that are used little in the
> early morning but others might be very different. We would rather not do
> usage statistic gathering/analysis if there was a better way.

    We have the same kind of application here.
    We vacuum according the load, if the load start to be "high"
    we vacuum ->earlier<-, ok there is a little penalty on users, but as soon
    the data-base is clean, the performance is dramaticaly improving
    and the load just drop. So instead to have user penalised
    for a long time, we just use it as a trigger to clean the base.
    (we do not want the user to vacuum at will)

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon          Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon@safe.ca
SAFE Inc.            Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946
     REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing package for ISP
        REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">