Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat

От imad
Тема Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Amit,

Installation is quite simple and straight forward. Since you will be
installing binary on redhat, you will need to work with Redhat Package
Manager (RPM).

Just issue the command as a root user:

rpm -i <file with .rpm extension>

This will install the specific postgresql package which you have downloaded.
To start with, you need the files postgresql-8.1.4-3PGDG.i686.rpm and
postgresql-server-8.1.4-3PGDG.i686.rpm.

You can download and install the rest of the packages like lib and
devel as per your requirements.

- Imad
EnterpriseDB Corporation
www.enterprisedb.com

On 8/15/06, Amit Phatarphekar <amit@visionaire-us.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install Postgres 8.1.4 server on our CentOS distribution of
> RedHat Linux environment.
>
> I have 2 choices
> 1. Build it ground up from the source code (from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.1.4/)
> 2. Using binaries (from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.4/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-es-4/)
>
> I would rather use option 2, instead of building it from the source code.
> I can't download anything from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.4/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-es-4/,
> because when I go to any of the mirror sites, it just doesn't work....and
> all I see is some unfinished html page.
>
> How do I install using binaries?
>
> Thanks
> Amit

Сообщение: Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat
Сообщение: Re: Installing Postgres 8.1.4 on Linux RedHat