Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection andresolution/fix

От Fabio Pardi
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection andresolution/fix
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Pavan,

What over my experience turned out to be (incidentally) useful is a vacuum over the whole database(s). I have one that runs every night and when corruption happens you will notice it because vacuum will die, hopefully noticing you.

As per the fix, I m not sure. I think that if you find curruption, you should first understand what is corrupted. If you are lucky, is an index, and a recreation will fix it for you. But if the corruption happens on real data, then the problem must be approached in some other way(s).

regards,

fabio pardi