moving /data folder (win32, pgsql 8.1.3)

От Alexandre Leclerc
Тема moving /data folder (win32, pgsql 8.1.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I tried to "move" the /data folder to another HD. The service refuse
to start after that and does not raise any errors.

- Stop service
- Copy /Program Files/PostgreSQl/8.1/data folder to, let say, d:/data
- Changed /Program Files/PostgreSQl/8.1/data/postgresql.conf:
data_directory = 'd:/data/'
- Started service, but will stop without any error message

* Under XP home; I cant' tell about the security params of the files
since it looks like in xphome I can't see them. But a copy paste
should leave the things alright.
* No error in windows logs... for what it worth any-way.

I don't know what I'm missing.

Regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc