Re: Poor plan choice in prepared statement

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: Poor plan choice in prepared statement
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 9:24 PM,  <david@lang.hm> wrote:
> forgive my ignorance here, but if it's unnamed how can you reference it
> later to take advantage of the parsing?

You can't. That's what unnamed prepared statements are for.

It's not obvious to me that the parsing phase is worth any "caching".
From my experience, the planning phase takes far much time on complex
queries.

--
Guillaume

Сообщение: Re: Poor plan choice in prepared statement
Сообщение: Re: Poor plan choice in prepared statement