Re: Index creation time and distribution

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: Index creation time and distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just curious, what happens if you create the date index first, then
> the clazz one?

It's not due to any cache effect if it's your question. It's mostly
CPU time and changing the order doesn't change the behaviour.

I'll make some tests with 8.3 in a few weeks (I'll be out of town next
week) to see if using PostgreSQL qsort reduces the problem.

--
Guillaume

Сообщение: Re: Index creation time and distribution
Сообщение: Re: Index creation time and distribution