Re: Parsing VACUUM VERBOSE

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: Parsing VACUUM VERBOSE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 6/18/07, Y Sidhu <ysidhu@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am following this discussion with great interest. I have PG running on
> FreeBSD and am forced to run pgFouine on a separate Linux box. I am hoping I
> can create a log file. and then copy that over and have pgFouine analyze it
> on the Linux box.
>  a.  I created a log file out of vacuum verbose, is that right? It is not
> complete because I don't know how to dump it into a file in some sort of
> autmoated fashion. So, I have to take what is on the screen and copy it off.

If you want to analyze a VACUUM log, just run vacuumdb with the option
you need (for example -a -z -v -f for a vacuum full analyze verbose).

# vacuumdb -a -z -v -f > your_log_file.log

Then analyze this log file as explained on the pgFouine website.

>  b.  I can also set a variable "log_min_duration_statement" in pgsql.conf
>
>  I guess I am like Sabin,, and need some hand holding to get started.

This is completely different and it's useful for query log analysis.
So you don't care if you just want to analyze your vacuum behaviour.

--
Guillaume