Re: Performance Problem between Ora 10g and Psql

От Guillaume Smet
Тема Re: Performance Problem between Ora 10g and Psql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thomas,

On 7/12/06, Thomas Radnetter <tr75@gmx.net> wrote:
> Is this the correct place to issue this problem?

It is if your issue is due to a PostgreSQL performance problem.

> How can I trace down the cause for this performance problem?

The first thing to do is to determine if it is a problem due to the
Oracle -> ODBC -> PostgreSQL thing or if it is a problem with the
query. My advice is to set log_min_duration_statement to 0 in your
postgresql.conf (and set the logger so that you can see the log output
somewhere). Then you'll see if your query is slow.

If your query is slow, post the output of an explain analyze on the
list with all the relevant information (structure of the concerned
tables, indexes, size...).

If not, it's probably more an ODBC problem.

Regards,

--
Guillaume Smet
Open Wide