Re: my postgres is dead. need help!

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: my postgres is dead. need help!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 7/27/07, Tena Sakai <tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu> wrote:

Hi folks,

My postgres (v 7.1.4, I think) did not come up upon reboot.
I have tried to use startup script called postgresql in
/etc/rc.d/init.d directory, but it reports FATAL when I
try to stop postmaster.

The most recent log file in /pgsql/data/pg_log reads:

LOG:  database system was interrupted while in recovery at 2007-07-27 08:30:34 PDT
HINT:  This probably means that some data is corrupted and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1F8/DB354F24
LOG:  redo record is at 1F8/D6060064; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 700570822; next OID: 2763554
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 3; next MultiXactOffset: 6
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  redo starts at 1F8/D6060064
FATAL:  the database system is starting up

I am totally lost what I need to do.
Help and ssistance highly appreciated.

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu

The database has gone into recovery mode, and is trying to clean itself up.  Just let it alone and monitor the logs.  If all goes well, it will tell you the recovery completed and it is online.

Chris

P.S.

You are in desperate need of upgrading to a newer version of Postgres.