Re: Suggestions needed about how to dump/restore a database

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: Suggestions needed about how to dump/restore a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
One other option is to shut the database down competely, and then do a copy of the file system the new server.  I have done this when I need to move a very large database to a new server.  I can copy 500GB's in a couple of hours, where restoring my large databases backups would take 10+ hours.  Just make sure you are keeping postgres at the same version level.

HTH,

Chris