Re: PG 8.1.1 rhel-as-4 rpms missing - Now not initdb issues

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: PG 8.1.1 rhel-as-4 rpms missing - Now not initdb issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/14/05, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Chris Hoover wrote:
>
> > On my 8.1.1 box I get:
> > [postgres@edidb9 ~]$ /usr/bin/postgres -V
>
> Hmm. Two questions:
> - Is SELinux enabled?
> - What is the output of
>          rpm -qa|grep postgresql
>
> BTW... I've uploaded a new series of RHEL AS 4 RPMs yesterday to FTP
> server. I'm booted my RHEL AS 4 box now and postgres -V worked for me.
>
> So we need to find the problem in your box.
>
> Regards,
> --
> The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
> Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
> Co-Authors: plPHP, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

All right, it was SELinux biting us.  I turned it off and everything
was fine.  I'll be updated my sysadmin again to make sure he turns it
off.

Also, would it be possible for the initdb to mention that as a
possible problem when if fails?  It would be very helpful since there
was not any real help from initdb on where to look for the problem.

Thanks so much for your time and help,

Chris

От: "Ing. Jhon Carrillo // Caracas, Venezuela"
Сообщение: 0 % Data lost
От: Devrim GUNDUZ
Сообщение: Re: PG 8.1.1 rhel-as-4 rpms missing - Now not initdb issues