Re: PG 8.1.1 rhel-as-4 rpms missing - Now not initdb issues

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: PG 8.1.1 rhel-as-4 rpms missing - Now not initdb issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12/14/05, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
<snip>
> AFAIR, this is a result of lack of system resources, like semaphores,
> etc. Can you see any clues in /var/log/pgsql/pgstartup.log ?
>
> Regards,
> --
> The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564
> Managed Services, Shared and Dedicated Hosting
> Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Running the initdb by hand is not creating the file you mentioned, and
I am not getting any other errors.  I am curious though, I saw a
posting from Tom saying to try running /usr/bin/postgres -V.  When I
do this, I do not get any results.  So I am wondering if the postgres
rpms might be having a problem?

I have not changed my procedures, and this is exactly how I installed
and setup 8.1.0.

When I run the test on my 8.1.0 box I get:
[postgres@editstapp1 ~]$ /usr/bin/postgres -V
postgres (PostgreSQL) 8.1.0

On my 8.1.1 box I get:
[postgres@edidb9 ~]$ /usr/bin/postgres -V
[postgres@edidb9 ~]$

Thanks for your help,

Chris

От: Hannes Dorbath
Сообщение: Configfiles outside initDB dir
От: Devrim GUNDUZ
Сообщение: Re: PG 8.1.1 rhel-as-4 rpms missing - Now not initdb issues