Re: Backup From HotStandby

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: Backup From HotStandby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On Aug 28, 2019, at 3:31 PM, Licio Matos <licio.matos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have been using a lvm snapshot, all the database files are on the same disk.

Sounds good; note that the filesystem will also need recovery thus you may want to consider trying to quiesce the
filesystembefore creating the snapshot to avoid filesystem issues.

> My script start the pg_start_backup() make a lvm snapshot stop the backup and then copy the files do another
filesystemfrom the snap and after to the tape.

Hmm… are you running that on the replica? It should fail; unless you’re running it on the primary.

I wouldn’t bother with pg_start_backup() to take a snapshot backup on the replica.  When recovering, the database will
firstdo its crash recovery and then apply any WAL files needed to reach your recovery target time.