SV: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts

От Svensson Peter
Тема SV: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts
Дата
Re: SV: pgaudit and create postgis extension logs a lot inserts  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
A test to create postgis extension made 4 rsyslog processes run for several minutes with high cpu util,
and when you have only 8 cpu:s this take lot of resources.
The create command also have to wait until all the log are written so there are great impact.
Log file got 16 GB big only for this.

We have several databases in the same server, some of them with postgis.
Those databases are maintained bye different people, and tell them to disable pgaudit
every time they are doing something that can cause lot log will create a bad behaviour,
especially when we cannot see in the logs that they have disabled pgaudit.

I think postgis extension is not the only extention that creates both tables, functions and insert data,
but if there are a way to configure pgaudit so you get rid of the inserts maybe its a way to handle it.

/Peter